Friday, June 27, 2008

Owls

Owls. I have been afraid of them since I was a little girl. I saw them everywhere; I still see them. They are on street signs, in trees, on the side of the road, on the lawn, flying in front of the car; and usually looking right at me. I'm not talking about decorations, even though I was born in the 70's. No matter how many times I've seen them, I haven't quite shaken my fear of them. I even went up to a person that was holding a live Great Horned Owl for teaching. Him telling me that its just a cat with wings didn't help either.
Now, I don't want to put anybody off by getting too new-agey, but I started looking up information about totem animals, power animals, and shadow animals. I'm thinking if ever there was a shadow animal with my name on it, its the owl. Also, the owl happens to be my birth animal. It's all so interesting, but I'd just like to not hyperventilate when I see one. I'm workin' on it.

*No offense to all you owl lovers out there.

;-) Misty

No comments: