Friday, October 24, 2008

Inspiration

I had a rough day yesterday. I couldn't say it was one thing, cause it was a lot of little things that added up. I had a follow-up acting workshop ( for the Leadership Mastery that I took a year and a half ago) to attend that was meant to start at 6pm. I was running late, but I was going to be no more than half an hour late. Unfortunately, I forgot the location had changed and I then had to think on my feet, or wheels since I was driving, and get the new address somehow. I got really stressed out. Well, long story short, I got a hold of a friend of mine and he got the address for me. Turned out I had been parked just a few feet away for probably 30 minutes. **Here's how I know I'm growing as a person. I was having a really stressful day, hell, I've been having a really stressful couple of months, but I was able to let it go and join the class. I was just ready to be there. I got to spend an evening with a group of some of the most driven and creatively talented people in Austin, maybe anywhere. I got to listen to them share what inspired them, and I got to share what inspires me. It was so great. I still get startled when people come up to me lately and tell me how happy I look, and what wonderful energy I have. Its not something I've always heard from people, and its exciting. Over the past few months some amazing things came into my life, and I had some major disappointments; but because of them I have a different perspective on life now. I know what I'm capable of, really great things. I know how much I am worth, and its a lot. I know who my friends are, and they have my back. I know that I have a huge capacity to love, and I'm capable of unconditional love. I know what I need in life, and its not a bunch of possessions. So... even with a bad day here and there, my life is awesome. I wish some things were different but, I'm in a wonderful place, and that is pretty inspiring to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This totally made me choke up...you made me so proud...I love what your wrote. :) xo-cg