Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Surreal

Yesterday, was my first day back at work after what I can only describe as a very surreal week off for Spring Break. I had a great time with my sister and brother, my cousin, and my favorite guy. Sunday night, I talked to my sister, and she told me that my Mom's childhood best friend was in the hospital on life support dying of cancer. She only had days to live after she found out. She actually died yesterday evening. I feel like the universe has been throwing the whole "life is too short, so just go for it" thing in my face a lot lately. I feel oddly happy and anxious at the same time. I am looking forward to starting classes back up with Ben Taylor next Tuesday. I think I will be taking a lot more chances... I mean, what have I got to lose? I also plan to go ahead and get a couple of new headshots done, and look for a part-time job, so I can save up to go on a trip.

Here is a little painting (inspired by 'Girl With a Kitten' by Lucian Freud) , still in progress, I have been playing around with. It makes me laugh, and the cat seems to be doing okay... hahaha....Have a great week everyone.
-Misty

1 comment:

Holly said...

I love the painting! It looks awesome so far and I can't wait to see it when it's finished! :)