Monday, July 6, 2009

Trip to the nursery

Today was kind of cool(er) and overcast, so I thought it would be a nice day to go to The Natural Gardener. Since, it has been so hot, I was happily surprised to see so many flowers, vegetables, and fruit trees in full production. Butterflies and bees were everywhere! I had to go back home and get Tiger, so we could have a little fun together. :-) Here's a quick recap... hahaha

^ I just liked this. I want one. :-)


^ This was a cool little water feature in the butterfly garden area.

^ I really liked the effect this little mister created in the bog area of this water feature.


^ Orange and Pink... I love it! :-)

^ This senna tree and the Mexican Bird of Paradise in front of it made a great combo, but it's hard to see the yellow flowers on the senna tree in this pic.


^ Just thought this was a cute little corner.


Here's one way I know I am a plant nerd: Samwise, in Lord of the Rings - Return of the King, was potting up one of these toward the end of the film. LOL!

^ I thought the top of this water feature seemed weird until I started noticing that a bunch of birds, bees and dragonflies, etc. were using it to get water. Pretty cool!

^ The herb garden area. Again... I want one.

^ Just thought this little purselane plant was really cute.

^ Tiger got thirsty.

^ Mmmm... figs...

^ Isn't this tree adorable? Looks like something out of a storybook.

^ Tiger met the goats. :-) She's very friendly.

^ Tiger stopped abruptly, and decided she'd like to sit on the rocks. (She tried both of them.)

^ GRAPES!!!


^ Last, I found this adorable stream. ( I WANT ONE OF THESE BAD!) Tiger was getting hot, so she climbed in and lay in the stream like a little hairy frog. LOL! Don't worry people, we went right home after this, and she is about to get a 'Lion Cut'. Once that happens, she will be footloose and fancy free. ;-)

This was a lot of fun. I want to get me a new camera, or at least a used one, that does not require new batteries every 5 to 10 minutes. I'm gonna' work on that.

No comments: