Friday, January 15, 2010

Working Through

This week I've done my best to complete the art challenge. I've done some drawings/sketches and paintings somewhat inspired by the artists I listed in my earlier post. I wasn't really happy with how they turned out, but whatever... I've also been working hard to paint only abstract paintings in an effort to avoid angering/frustrating others. :-/ As you can see... I 've been doing A LOT of abstract painting... so go easy on me. Actually, some of the pieces I ended up with seem to be inspired by several artists at once. They've all been kind of swirling around in my head this week. (PS - I'm kind of curious what y'all think about them) I'm a little behind. I have to do a Lautrec, tonight, and a Boticelli and Whistler tomorrow. :-) Yay, three day weekend!


These textured abstract paintings are inspired by Chagall.







This one was supposed to be inspired by Munch.


This was supposed to be inspired by Chagall.



This one was supposed to be inspired by Vermeer.

Kahlo

2 comments:

Steve said...

Wow, you have so much talent. I've never seen you do stuff like those Chagal influenced paintings and they are awesome. Thanks for sharing them!

Carin said...

i heart the green & blue Chagall!! :)