Saturday, September 25, 2010

Gratitude and Banned Books Week!

I've spent the past few days writing down all of the things in my life that I am currently grateful for, and focusing on gratitude for all I have and all that is coming to me. Being such a curious person, one thing I am grateful for is the fact that I can read any book that interests me. This week is 'Banned Books Week,' so if you feel so inclined, pick a book that has been on the banned list and give it a read. There are some amazing books on the list.

Here's a link for a list of banned classics: http://www.ala.org/ala/issuesadvocacy/banned/frequentlychallenged/challengedclassics/index.cfm

Here is a small list of some of the other things I am so grateful for this morning:

  • My curiosity about the world I live in
  • A career that allows me to spend my day sharing my love and knowledge of art
  • My Family
  • My spirituality
  • My sweet fuzzy little Tiger, and stinky Dolly
  • Living in Austin
  • Starting Meisner classes soon
  • October is almost here, and fall already is
  • My supportive, silly, loyal, talented, and amazing friends
  • My heart, which has the ability to love deeply and unconditionally, and forgive
  • I'm a girl, and I get to wear pretty shoes! So many shoes!
  • It's Saturday morning, and I have weekends off!
  • Buffy is playing on my dvd player, Buffy TVS makes me happy
  • My memories, I have so many that make me giggle
  • Air conditioning, it's a wonderful thing
  • Running Water, it's also a wonderful thing
  • My washer and dryer - clean crisp sheets are delightful to fall asleep and to wake up in
  • My ability to draw and paint
  • Music
  • Food- tasty, healthy, delicious food. Mmmm....
Hope everyone has a great weekend! I am going to get some grading done, do some painting, and do plenty of relaxing! :-)

No comments: