Wednesday, February 27, 2013

RAW Art Show

I'm a little late getting this posted. I had a wonderful time at The Belmont for my art show. After a few hitches, and with the preparation help from my wonderful friend Heather, and the help of the wonderful RAW staff I was able to set up my display and have time to wander around and discover all of the friendly and talented artists sharing the showcase with me. It was great to have my friend there to support me and have the remote support from those who were unable to make it. Also, one of my favorite paintings found a new home! Success doing something I love! How does it get any better than this? :-)


My display didn't turn out exactly as I'd envisioned it, but I learned a lot and I know how to be prepared from next time.  (Number one is to prepared for anything, and number two is make sure to have dependable helpers.)

I got a cute super sparkly short-sleeved sequined sweater to wear over a simple black sheath dress.  I didn't get a great picture of it, but you get the idea.




Here's heather enjoying a tasty beverage in front of my display.


 This is the painting that found a new home that night.  :-)

I'll be MIA for the next few weeks as I will be moving, but who knows... maybe I'll post something about that too. 







No comments: